Skip to main content

Lacto calamine lotion๐Ÿ’œ

 Hello my dear skin care family!!


     I am Jay and I am passionate about helping you how to perfect your skin care game.


   This is the review of "Lacto Calamine Daily Face Care Lotion for Oil Balance". Yes you heard it right today I am going to review this very famous product.A little bit late with this post, but here it is nevertheless. I did not have to think hard about which product truly deserved to be in my "Back To Basic" feature. For me it has to be Lacto Calamine.





   Before that we should know about:

       ✓ calamine

       ✓ kaolin clay

      ✓ zinc oxide


CALAMINE:


       Calamine lotion is an over-the-counter (OTC) medication that's used to treat mild itchiness, also called pruritus. It can also help dry out oozing skin irritations. This soothing pink lotion can help relieve the skin conditions.


      Calamine lotion has shown some benefit in treating acne. However, it doesn't deal with underlying causes of acne, and it can't prevent breakouts from happening.


       Using calamine lotion as spot treatment can help. Because calamine lotion has drying properties, it can help dry out pimples caused by excess oil faster.


      But overdrying acne can cause irritation and make acne worse, so calamine lotion should be used sparingly. 

   Always use it with a moisturizer.


KOALIN CLAY:


    Kaolin clay is considered to be one of the gentlest facial clays. It has kaolinite, a mineral that consists of layered silicate. While the mineral is found all over the world, it has been mined at the Kao-ling mountain (China) since ages.


   Kaolin clay absorbs extra oil from your skin's surface, thereby keeping your pores unclogged. It only controls the excess sebum production on your skin surface and does not affect its natural oil level.Kaolin clay is suitable for almost all types of skin, especially sensitive skin.

  

   Kaolin clay absor bs a very mild am ount of water fro m your skin and k eeps it hydrated. This clay stimulates your skin cells and makes your skin tone even. If you use it regularly, you may see a noticeable change in your skin tone.



ZINC OXIDE:

   

    Zinc oxide is a white ,powdery mineral with a long history of use as a sun protection.


     Zinc oxide is used in a wide range of cosmetics and personal care products including makeup, nail products, baby lotions, bath soaps and foot powders. Zinc oxide is also used in skin protectants, such as diaper rash ointments and sunscreen products.

  

   Zinc oxide is used as a bulking agent and a colorant. In over-the-counter drug products, it is used as a skin protectant and a sunscreen. Zinc oxide works as a sunscreen by reflecting and scattering UV radiation. Sunscreens reduce or prevent sunburn and premature aging of the skin.


MY REVIEW ON LACTO CALAMINE LOTION:


   I started using this product when I had severe breakouts. It was recommended to me by a friend of mine and it didn't help much to clear my acne but this gives enough hydration and this became my Moisturizer and I use it whenever my skin is irritated.. 


The goodness of Clay and glycerin gives your skin:


1. Nourishment


2. Acne and oil control


3. Dead skin removal


4. Protection


    Kaolin Clay Therapy removes excess oil and retains essential oil to give you soft and supple skin, even during winters. If you do not have oily skin, then choose Lacto Calamine Oil Balance Daily Face Care Lotion for Combination to Normal Skin for winter-happy skin.


Ingredients:

   

1. Kaolin Clay: helps absorbing excess oil from the skin without removing essential nutrients from oily skin. 

2. Zinc Oxide: Contains anti germ properties and helps in unclogging pores. 

3. Glycerin: Helps in retention of natural moisture and prevents excessive drying og the skin.


Texture:


  The product is having a thick Liquid like texture and color of product resembles with one's skin color.


PROS:


๐Ÿ‘Reasonable price


๐Ÿ‘Suits normal to combination skin (although my skin is oily I have been using this for past 3 yrs and it's suits me too)


๐Ÿ‘Hypoallergenic can be used on sensitive skin.


๐Ÿ‘Absorbs excess oil from skin gives a oil free look


๐Ÿ‘Can be used for face and body


๐Ÿ‘Smell not much noticable but does smell more pleasent


๐Ÿ‘Shelf life: approximately more than a yr.


CONS:


๐Ÿ‘Žit's a pinkish thicker lotion. When applied on face might leave impression as u applied a coat of foundation on ur face but don't worry it lasts for maximum 4 mins as it gets absorbed soon.


๐Ÿ‘ŽIt absorbs excess oil and gives oil free look for a short duration only.. so if u plan for longers hours of outing this is the least option .


  When I use it as spot treatment, it helped me reducing my active acne overnight somedays and other time took 2-3 days.


These are suited for skin types from normal to oily skin.


I would suggest people with dry skin to avoid using.


CONCLUSION:


    This product has been around since years! I have memories of using it back in my childhood, not regularly, but a fair amount. The fragrance is nostalgic, but I wish it had been fragrance free. And even though I don't use it everyday, I always have a bottle of Lacto Calamine in my stash.


   Is this a super popular product? No. Does it work for me though? Yes. Have you ever used Lacto Calamine? Let me know your choice of product below!


๐Ÿ’œI purple u.












Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simple refreshing face wash๐ŸŒป

We all know finding a cleanser for summers can be a bit challenging๐Ÿคท.  Our skin type tends to change as the weather gets warmer and humidity increases so you can't be relying on your winter skincare collection anymore.  I've always struggled to find a basic yet good cleanser for summers. But I guess my search has been finally over here. Ah, Where do I even begin from? The brand name says it all - SIMPLE!๐Ÿ™‹  Yes, simple refreshing facial wash is absolutely simple yet effective on the skin. I'm going to share my fav fav fav fav fav gentle cleanser from Refreshing facial wash Packaging : It's come in a tube, contains 150ml Availability: I bought it from nykaa, price : 375/ Ingredients : Aqua, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Propylene glycol, Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pantolactone, Sodium hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate Texture :    Runny transparent texture glides smoothly Application :    Wet face with warm water, sque

Vatika hair cream๐Ÿงก

    Searching for something to tame your hair without weighing it down?         I hear you! Say hello to the vatika almond hair styling cream - a good looking everyday at zero damage๐Ÿงก Why to hair cream?  Hair cream, commonly termed as styling cream, adds natural shine to rough hair. It smoothens the tamed hair and holds them well so that they don't fall.  In simple words, it removes frizz and fly-aways without making them heavy. However, high maintenance and party wear styles like spikes, mohawks and pompadours are not possible with creams. That require a more sticky wax kind of a thing found in styling gels. Cream is for casual and natural finish that styles while nourishing.  Hair creams are not solid like wax, or sticky like a gel, they are thick creams that works for all hair types.  Hair cream is especially a boon for curly and long unmanageable mane, that gets easily entangled. Applying cream boost the curls or wavy hair without weighing them down. Increases the shine and be

Ponds super light gel✨

Review time๐Ÿค—๐ŸŒˆ!                  I have used many products from ponds.. But recently I was hearing a lot about Ponds Moisturiser. So I purchased "Ponds Super Light Gel" & Ponds Light Moisturiser. Today I'm talking about Oil free Moisturiser๐ŸŒธ Ponds Super Light Gel☁️ ๐Ÿค”What takes my attention towards this Moisturiser is the star ingredients, that is the combination of Hyaluronic acid + Vitamin E  I have normal extremely oily skin & my sister has normal to dry skin & believe me it's perfectly working for both of us๐Ÿ’ซ What I like in it ??? ☁️It's very light weight. ☁️I use it regularly & it got absorbed very easily than other Moisturiser. ☁️Spread easily on skin. ☁️Non sticky formula ☁️I totally love the fragrance it makes me feel very fresh Need I even say anything about it? It's been taking over the masses and rightly so. It is affordable and does the job too! So let's go over the plus and minus points ~ (+) Points : - Very light weight, ye